LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] lapack testing

Alessio,

I tried your make.inc and everything is working fine for me.
My first guess is that you are running the testing without having the
lapack/tmglib library or the path to the library is incorrect.

It should have been generated after doing the "make" command..
You should have it in the LAPACK directory (or whatever name you gave it).
     2 solutions:
1) make clean then make

2)
make lapacklib
Once it is finished you should see the liblapack.a file in your directory.
Same process for the tmglib library
make tmglib
Once it is finished you should see the libtmglib.a file

I will advise you the first one...start over again and add, if it is not
already done the latest modifications:
(you can get them from
http://www.netlib.org/lapack-dev/lapack--3.0--patch--10042002.html).
Don't move any folder while the installation/testing process is not yet
done.

For a better result, use Lapack with a tuned blas library. See
http://www.netlib.org/lapack/faq.html#2.5
If you choose to use the ATLAS library, your make.inc should have
something like:
BLASLIB      = /usr/local/lib/libf77blas.a /usr/local/lib/libblas.a

Hope it will help you to solve your problem
Ciao
Julie

alessio.andronico wrote:

Good morning,
I'm a Phd student in Physics and I work on numerical modeling: I've installed
Lapack library on my small linux cluster but I've problems with the testing
(the library is compiled but I don't know if correctly or not).
Could you help me?

This is my cluster:
6 Intel Bi-XEON/3.0 Ghz with 2 Gb of RAM, hard disk SATA (80Gb); I've
installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 and MPICH2

The attached files are:
1)make.inc
2)makefile