LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] CLAPACK - windows

Hello,

i've got some trouble at trying to use the CLAPACK library for Windows
version 3.0 (that i've downloaded from
http://www.netlib.org/clapack/CLAPACK3-Windows.zip) and i would be very
grateful if you could help me out.

i'm using the Visual C++ 6.0 compiler. it appears to be a linking issue:
myAlgo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
dsygv_(long *,char *,char *,long *,double *,long *,double *,long *,double
*,double *,long *,long *)" (?dsygv_@@YAHPAJPAD10PAN0202200 at Z)

(I have previously used GSL on the same platform, without trouble. Now, I
need these generalized eigenvalue problem resolution routines.)

Here are my (vain) trouble shooting attempts:
-i've made my routine calling identical to how it's done in ddrvdg.c (
(which calls the very same subroutine dsygv_ without problem in testing
project xeigtsdt):
        #include "blaswrap.h"
        #include "f2c.h"
        extern /* Subroutine */ int dsygv_([...]);
again error LNK2001
-i've rechecked that all CLAPACK .lib libraries were declared in the
Project Settings->Link->Input: ok
-i've run the batch tests provided using the command line prompter 4NT: ok;
-i've reinstalled and rebuilt the CLAPACK library, scrupulously following
instructions given in the readme file MSWin-Notes.txt: ok
-i've rerun the batch tests: all ok
-i've made all my Project Settings rigorously the same as those for the
xeigtsdt testing project provided in the package (since the latter works):
again error LNK2001

-i've made a new source file myTest.cpp with the mere example code given in
the CLAPACK FAQ-1.9, that i've added directly to the project xeigtsdt, but
again i've got the same type of error (while the same subroutine dgesvd_
is called without problem by derred.c in the same project) :

----Configuration: xeigtstd - Win32 Debug----
Linking...
myTest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
dgesvd_(char *,char *,long *,long *,double *,long *,double *,double *,long
*,double *,long *,double *,long *,long *)"
(?dgesvd_@@YAHPAD0PAJ1PAN122121211 at Z)
Eig_Debug/xeigtstd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

xeigtstd.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Thanks a lot for your help, which will hopefully prove successful. If you
need extra information, please feel free to ask.

St?phane Allaire
LaTIM (Laboratoire de Traitement de l'Information M?dicale), Brest, France