LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Assistance

Hello,

you can download the reference BLAS from:
        http://www.netlib.org/blas/blas.tgz
if you get LAPACK package, you get a nice Makefile so this is even easier
        http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lapack.tgz
Just detarre lapack.tgz, put the correct Make.inc (INSTALL/Make.inc.LINUX
?) and type 'make blaslib'.

That's for the reference BLAS. It's free.

Now you certainly want to use an optimized BLAS library. (This can runs
much faster (say 10 times).) Here are some choices:

ACML from AMD (can download something freely for sure, check the licence)
        http://developer.amd.com/acml.aspx

GotoBLAS ("free", check the licence)
        http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/resources/software/#blas

ATLAS ("free", check the licence)
        http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/

All those three optimized BLAS are multithreaded.

Julien.