LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPack installation

Naveen,

    It looks more like your binaries are incompatibles.
    As you got a 64bits machine make sure that both libraries are
compiled either in 32bits or 64bits.

    For information, as you got an INTEL machine, maybe you can use the
INTEL MKL library. It contents a BLAS/LAPACK/SCALAPACK and other
libraries optimized for your machine.
    It is free for non-commercial purpose. See
http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/perflib/mkl/index.htm

Sincerly
Julie
Naveen Deshpande wrote:
Hello,

I am using Novell Linux Desktop (NLD) 9 for Intel EM64T processor.
The architecture is x86_64. The online support for NLD 9 has an rpm for my
architecture. I could install it successfully.

But I want to instal it as a shared library for the reason that the lapack
library will be used by IT++ libraries. When IT++ is compiled with -llapack,
error says unable to read symbols from liblapack.a, cannot use while creating
a shared object.

I have a feeling that it has to be installed as shared so as to be compiled
with IT++.

I am not sure where the problem is. Please help me

Thanks,
Naveen Deshpande

Julie Langou; Innovative Computing Laboratory; Computer Science Dept;
1122 Volunteer Blvd Suite 353; University of Tennessee; Knoxville TN,
+1-865-974-6324; julie@Domain.Removed