LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] DGGEV routine available at LAPACK

Dear sirs:

I have a question regarding the above referenced routine. Why does the out put
list the eigen values in descening order, but switches the las two lowest
values? For example if my eigen values are 9 42 57 etc, the output will list
them as 57 9 42 and not 57 42 9. Strangely enough, MATLAB references the same
routine, but it arranges them in the proper descending order. Is the subroutine
output correct or is there something that I need to toggle?

I would appreciate any advice you could give me on this matter. I have asked to
direct this question to you by Mr Rick Guido of the Numerical Algorithms Group
of NAG Inc, one of the co-authors of the program.

I shall be happy to send you the eigen value problem I am trying to solve if
you require.

Thanks
Musaddeuq Hossein
Graduate Student