LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] installation of lapack on a linux system

Dear Sir
  I need to install lapack on a standard Red Hat Linux system with a fortran 77
compiler (g77). Could you please guide me where can I find the installation
instructions for linux ( I have seen the LAPACK working note 41) but there are
some doubts.
  How should I define the SHELL? How to modify the PLAT definition and the
compiler options. Actually I dont know unix and do not have a deep knowledge
about the linux commands either. However, I need to install Lapack for another
software related to electronic band structure calculations in solid state
physics.
  I would be grateful if you could provide me a simple solution to the
installation of lapack for a Linux system.
  Kind regards
  Dr. Sonal Mathur
  Research Associate
  Compton profile laboratory