LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] installation of lapack on a linux system

Yep agree with Alfredo.
On Linux, type someting like:

        wget http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lapack.tgz
        tar zxvf lapack.tgz
        cd LAPACK
        wget http://www.netlib.org/lapack-dev/lapack--3.0--patch--10042002.tgz
        tar zxvf lapack--3.0--patch--10042002.tgz
        mv INSTALL/make.inc.LINUX make.inc
        make install blaslib lib
        mv lapack_LINUX.a liblapack.a
        mv blas_LINUX.a librefblas.a
         cd ..

The LAPACK library is:       LAPACK/liblapack.a.
You also get a BLAS library: LAPACK/librefblas.a
But at its name show, it is a reference BLAS library (i.e. something that
works fine but not fast). For more information:
        http://www.netlib.org/lapack/faq.html#1.9
        http://www.netlib.org/lapack/faq.html#2.5

-j