LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] A few routines missing from BLAS reference implementation?

Hi,

I have recently downloaded and installed LAPACK to be used in the context of a
Python installation with the NumPy and SciPy extensions. Due to various
problems with the installation of Python and its extensions I decided to
compromise on performance and compile everything from source so that I would
have the best control over how things were compiled to avoid getting bitten by
issues such as 32-bit vs. 64-bit integers, no-underscores through to double
underscores on subroutine names, etc. So I compiled and used the BLAS reference
implementation that is supplied with LAPACK. However when I came to link SciPy
I discovered there were a few BLAS routines missing, they are:

 - csrot,
 - drotm,
 - drotmg,
 - dsdot,
 - sdsdot,
 - srotm,
 - srotmg,
 - zdrot

These are available from the BLAS library provided by netlib
http://www.netlib.org/blas . Could you add these to the LAPACK BLAS tar-ball,
please? The Python setup I mentioned is rather popular where I work therefore I
am sure we'll hit this problem again, so if you could fix it it would surely
help.

Thank you,

    Huub

Huub van Dam                  email: h.j.j.vandam@Domain.Removed
CCLRC Daresbury Laboratory    phone: +44-1925-603933
Daresbury, Warrington           fax: +44-1925-603634
Cheshire, UK
WA4 4AD