LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK installation support for C++ for engineers

Hello,

My name is Cory O'Connor and I'm a graduate Aerospace engineering student at
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. I'm working on a grant project doing C++ utility
analysis and simulation for a spacecraft. I needed a generalized linear
equation solver due to a Least Squares problem where there are more
equations than unknowns and I'd additionally like to be able to solve
eigenvalue problems. I have read and heard from industry contacts that
LAPACK is the way to go. I note however, that LAPACK++ doesn't have
eigenvalue support in it. I assume that LAPACK is the only version of the
algorithms which supports both eigenvalue problems and singular value
decomposition. Given that I'm not quite sure how to proceed in downloading,
installing and using the original LAPACK software. Any help you could give
me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cory O'Connor