LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Questions for the meeting

Items from Berkeley:

  We need to support names longer than six characters for
  xGESVXX and crew.  Are the changes at
     http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ejr/dev/lapack/wide-names/
  acceptable?

  The XBLAS use BLAS_error as defined by the BLAS Tech
  Forum.  Should we change the existing XERBLA to call
  BLAS_error, or change the XBLAS to call XERBLA and
  work with existing code?

  We also need a method for calling the C XBLAS from
  Fortran.  There are proposed changes for automatically
  generating a Fortran wrapper at
     http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ejr/dev/lapack/xblas/
  The changes require setting a few preprocessor defines
  in a make.inc to select the right calling method.  Look
  ok?

Jason