LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Lapack Licensing

Randall,

Here's what we say:

LAPACK is a freely-available software package. It is available from netlib
via anonymous ftp and the World Wide Web at http://www.netlib.org/lapack .
Thus, it can be included in commercial software packages (and has been). We
only ask that proper credit be given to the authors.

Like all software, it is copyrighted. It is not trademarked, but we do ask
the following:

If you modify the source for these routines we ask that you change the name
of the routine and comment the changes made to the original.

LAPACK has a BSD like license, see

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

There is a FAQ at http://www.netlib.org/lapack/faq.html

Hope this helps,

Jack Dongarra

Jack Dongarra; Innovative Computing Laboratory; Computer Science Dept;
1122 Volunteer Blvd; University of Tennessee; Knoxville TN, 37996-3450
+1-865-974-8295; dongarra@Domain.Removed; http://www.cs.utk.edu/~dongarra/

  _____