LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Issue with installing LAPACK

Hello,

I am attempting to install LAPACK on a Dual Xeon machine running Linux.  I
used the provided make.inc file for Linux and modified the makefile to only
install single precision for now.  I used the command "make" to do a
complete installation and testing.  The process seems to go OK up through
the testing section of the Makefile.  The problem seems to occur with the
linking step in LAPACK/TESTING/LIN.  I get a whole long list of "undefined
reference" errors and the executable xlintsts  (which I believe is the
single precision executable) is not created.  It seems that xlintsts depends
on the 3 libraries that are created first:  tmglib_LINUX.a lapack_LINUX.a
and blas_LINUX.a  From what I can see, those libraries are created without
any errors.  I am attaching copies of the Makefile, make.inc and the output
of the make process.

I would appreciate any help you can give or a referral to someone else who
can help.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Steve Young
--