LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Regarding clapack 3.1

Dear mighty developers of LAPACK and CLAPACK,

In the past year I started to use CLAPACK and was flabbergasted by its
power.  At the current time I try to implement openmp directives in my
code to parallelise some procedures and found out that at the usage of
some CLAPACK functions created severe memory problems.  These got solved
when stating the CLAPACK functions as critical, so that they ran one at
a time.

Although the critical pragma directive is a solution, it is not
preferred.  Simultaneous runs of CLAPACK functions would give me the
best result.

Lately I read that LAPACK 3.1 was released and that it got threadsafe
implementations into it.  Therefore I assume that CLAPACK 3.0 is not
threadsafe and is the cause of the above mentioned problem.  Is this
correct?  If so, are there plans to create CLAPACK 3.1, or are there
other solutions to my problem.

With kind regards,

Klaas Vantournhout

--
"Several billion trillion tons of superhot
exploding hydrogen nuclei rose slowly above