LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Eigenvectors calculation - wrong sign

Hi,

I implemented two algorithms from Lapack taken from Numerical Recipes in C
to calculate eigenvectors and eigenvalues (tridiagonal reduction and QR
algorithm), but I found comparing the results with matlab that some of the
vectors are pointing in the opposite direction. I've been googling about
this for a while, and found that several people experienced similar
problems, but couldn't find what's causing the problem. Do you guys have any
ideas about what's going on?

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Best regards,

Santiago Bayeta