LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK error in make.inc

Hello,

I just tried to compile http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lapack-lite-3.1.1.tgz on
my machine and failed because of a trailing space in the make.inc.example line
to set the TIMER variable. I used the setting for gfortran, and the trailing
space results in make searching for prerequisites `second_INT_ETIME', `.o', and
`secondtst.o' when compiling `testsecond' in INSTALL/Makefile. This way make
selects its own implicit rule for `second_INT_ETIME' instead of the supplied
one for `.f.o'. Removing the trailing space in make.inc resolves the problem.

Cheers,
Christian Keil

PS: Just a minor issue regarding the documentation,
http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lawn81/node13.html mentions that the default
setting in make.inc is to use the BLAS contained in lapack and the file has to
be changed to use a local version of BLAS. In the provided make.inc, however,
the default is to not build the contained BLAS but use a local version.