LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK error in make.inc

Christian
Thank you very much for your remarks.
This should be fixed in the next release (the make.inc correction is
already in our version management system)
Julie
On Jun 25, 2007, at 6:54 AM, Christian Keil wrote:

Hello,

I just tried to compile http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lapack-
lite-3.1.1.tgz on my machine and failed because of a trailing space
in the make.inc.example line to set the TIMER variable. I used the
setting for gfortran, and the trailing space results in make
searching for prerequisites `second_INT_ETIME', `.o', and
`secondtst.o' when compiling `testsecond' in INSTALL/Makefile. This
way make selects its own implicit rule for `second_INT_ETIME'
instead of the supplied one for `.f.o'. Removing the trailing space
in make.inc resolves the problem.

Cheers,
Christian Keil

PS: Just a minor issue regarding the documentation, http://
www.netlib.org/lapack/lawn81/node13.html mentions that the default
setting in make.inc is to use the BLAS contained in lapack and the
file has to be changed to use a local version of BLAS. In the
provided make.inc, however, the default is to not build the
contained BLAS but use a local version.