LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] A question about the BLAS library

Dear Sirs,

I have installed a default version of the BLAS library under the cygwin
enviroment in Windows XP.
I chose to compile using the make.inc.LINUX file. The processor is a Mobile
Intel Pentium
The compilation seems succesful, but I get error messages about the accuracy of
the results when I run the TESTING
tests. An example

CHPR2 PASSED THE TESTS OF ERROR-EXITS

******* FATAL ERROR - COMPUTED RESULT IS LESS THAN HALF ACCURATE *******

EXPECTED RESULT
COMPUTED RESULT

1 ( .808594E-01, .942535E-08)                                          (
.808594E-01, .00000 )

THESE ARE THE RESULTS FOR COLUMN 1

******* CHPR2 FAILED ON CALL NUMBER:

4: CHPR2 ('U', 1,( .7, -.9), X, 1, Y, 1, AP)

I would be very gratefull if you could explain to me the source of these
computational inaccuracies, and a possible remedy, if possible

Thanks in advance

Jacob Oaknin