LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK & BLAS

And Vaughn Cable writes:
If I used gfortran, could I manually insert a few basic OMP
directives into critical loops in cgesv?  That way, I might
avaoid having to deal with 3rd part SW.

I'd suggest using a third-party threaded library for now, unless
threaded, parallel solvers is your research topic.  It's a large
design space that hasn't been mapped well, and the current CGETRF
needs some work before hand-threading gives better performance
than just using a threaded CGEMM from an external BLAS.

The UTK folks have plans in that area, but I don't know them well
enough to describe them.

Jason