From: Mick Pont [mailto:mick@Domain.Removed]
Sent: Sat 9/1/2007 1:58 PM
To: Langou, Julien
Cc: lapack@Domain.Removed
Subject: Re: [Lapack] xLAMCH

Julien,

Langou, Julien wrote:
I agree with Sven.

We have for a long time waited to solve the problem and enumerated the
solutions. I think it's time to move on and release a full thread safe
solution.
Sven's solution is fine with me. It's a starting point (does not work on non
IEEE machine). I am not against using FORTRAN 90 INTRINSIC as is done in
LAPACK3E.
This latter solution would impose on the user to have a F90 compiler.

I can't believe that many people are running on non-IEEE machinees.
And to cater for them, all you need to do is decide at install time
whether you are IEEE or not (by calling the current xLAMCH).
If you are, use the hard coded IEEE xLAMCH. Otherwise, use the current
xLAMCH, and no-one is worse off.

Mick

Julien.