LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK for Windows

Sebastian,
LAPACK is just a library. If you wish to use it, you need to link
against that library.
The problem is that at the moment, the library depends on the compiler
and relies on symbols from the compiler library. for example: all the
system calls, but they are some others.
If you tried to link a C program with the LAPACK library, it give you
a bunch of undefined symbol linked to the Intel Fortran Compiler. I
tried to remove those dependancies but I do not  think this is the way
to go...

If you are looking for performance, I will advice you to use the
vendors library, they are generally tuned for the processor
architecture (MKL for Intel Processors, ACML for AMD Processor [ I
think this is free]).
Both of those libraries have a tuned LAPACK and BLAS implementation
and an interface to C.
I did not perform tests between C and Fortran on Windows machines, But
usually you are right, Fortran give slighter better performance, but
they are not at all significant comparing to which library you use
(Vendor against Netlib)
I did run performance tests on our Windows Machine (AMD Processor) and
AMD was largely surpassing any other libraries (ATLAS, GOTO, MKL
included).

Let me know if this helps.
Sincerely
Julie LAngou