LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Clarifications on Optimized BLAS

AR,
although floating point operations follow a standard (commonly IEEE
754-1985), they are not associative. Thus, based on the order in which
operations are performed, you may end up with different results.
You can check this out on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_point

Alfredo