LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Multiple precision arithmetic BLAS and copyright issue

Dear LAPACK/BLAS team,

First of all, thanks for providing and maintaining very nice packages.
I'm really appreciated. I wrote this e-mail for asking copyright
issue of my software, Multiple precision arithmetic BLAS,
which I released today.

My name is Nakata, Maho who is a postdoctoral researcher at RIKEN
(www.riken.jp).
I'm interested in making a multiple precision arithmetic version
of BLAS and LAPACK, mainly for solving difficult semi definite programming
(SDP).
Recently our first multiple precision arithmetic version of SDP (SDPA-GMP)
has been released [1, 2].

In that software, I translated some routines which are needed coding SDPA
of BLAS and LAPACK by GMP (http://gmplib.org/), using C++.

Then I wrote multiple precision version of BLAS based on BLAS.
Almost all routines are a dump translation of your BLAS code.

So - I'd like to ask you about copyright issue.
* Is it legally ok for you release my software in public in the present form
[3]?
* Do you think I should add you as copyright holder?
(then I should ask you about licensing issue)

[1] http://sdpa.indsys.chuo-u.ac.jp/sdpa/
[2] http://link.aip.org/link/?JCPSA6/128/164113/1
[3] http://accc.riken.jp/maho/mpack/index.html and
http://accc.riken.jp/maho/mpack/mpack-0.00.20080626.tar.gz