LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] failed to build 32 bit f2clib

I tried to compile CLAPACK on a 64 bit architecture as a 32 bit library.
To do so, I renamed to and replaced the line
        CC        = gcc
        CC        = gcc -m32
I was able to create blas_linux.a library, but building f2clib failed.  The
following shows the error messages that I got.

[esarkiss at vostok CLAPACK-3.1.1]$ make f2clib
( cd F2CLIBS/libf2c; make )
make[1]: Entering directory
cp signal1.h0 signal1.h
cp sysdep1.h0 sysdep1.h
gcc -m32 -c f77vers.c
gcc -m32 -c i77vers.c
gcc -m32 -c -DSkip_f2c_Undefs -O3 main.c
ld -r -x -o main.o
ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386
(main.o) to format elf64-x86-64 ( is not supported
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
make: *** [f2clib] Error 2

Thank you in advance,