LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] multi-dimensional sparse matrix solutions

Greetings!

I am a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science candidate at Purdue University
Calumet. Research arising from an independent study project in preparation for
future graduate studies has led me to your name.

My advisor on my current project is Dr. John J. Coffey (coffey@Domain.Removed),
Associate Professor of Mathematics in the Department of Computer Science,
Mathematics, and Statistics. Dr. Coffey has defined a model which requires
determining the solution to Ax=B in a rather large four-dimensional sparse
matrix, on the order of q[1000,1000,1000,1000]. I am searching for a C/C++
based computational library to support my efforts in providing a solution.
Whether completely necessary or not, I would also like to explore a solution
which utilizes an application distributed across processors in separate
machines.

My research indicates that you are or have been involved in the development of
mathematical libraries that deal with similar subjects, specifically sparse
matrices and distributed computing. I am frankly overwhelmed by the multitude
of packages available and also their variety of focus.

Admittedly this correspondence is a form of a mass mailing based on a list I
have developed in my search. I am, however,  approaching you specifically for
any guidance, advice, or a recommendation regarding direction or a even a
reference, which might improve my success in the identification of a library
that could be applicable to solving the proposed problem.

I have set up a web site tracking the progress of my project at:

http://www.roguehangar.com/mathPages/

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have regarding my efforts.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

William Obermeyer