LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Question about packaging of lapack

Bonjour,

* lapack.tgz is, I guess, the complete package. However, it doesn't
include the timing directory (which I can find in the version 3.0). Is
it normal ?

We have removed the TIMING directory. It was outdated and we did not have
enough manpower to maintain it.

* lapack.tgz doesn't contain the version number. Will it be possible to
add it in the name ?

If you want the version number as a suffix of your tgz then download:
     http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lapack-3.1.1.tgz
Note as well that lapack.tgz untarre as lapack-3.1.1 directory. lapack.tgz
will always be the latest lapack while you should be able access older
version by their release number. If you speak about sthg else, let me
know.

Julien.

I am doing a mass cleanup of the lapack package for Debian.
If you have time, I have a two quick questions/remarks for you:

* lapack.tgz is, I guess, the complete package. However, it doesn't
include the timing directory (which I can find in the version 3.0). Is
it normal ?

* ?lapack.tgz doesn't contain the version number. Will it be possible to
add it in the name ?

Thanks for your great work!

Regards,
Sylvestre