LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK license?

Hi Andrew,

LAPACK is an open-source software.
a COPYING file is in the LAPACK directory with "accurate" information.

The licence is a BSD like. (See
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php
  for more info)

LAPACK or part of LAPACK can be included in commercial software
packages.
We only ask that proper credit be given to the authors.
Like all software, it is copyrighted. It is not trademarked, but we do
ask the following: If you modify the source for these routines we ask
that you change the name of the routine and comment the changes made
to the original.

Hope it helps
Julie