LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] References for BLAS citations

Hello,

I am the Intellectual Property Manager representing Dassault Syst?mes Simulia
Corp.  We would like to be able to use the netlib reference BLAS routines in
our commercial software.  To be comfortable doing that from a third party
intellectual property protection point of view, we would need a more structured
statement of permission than what is expressed on the netlib website:

"The reference BLAS is a freely-available software package. It is available
from netlib via anonymous ftp and the World Wide Web. Thus, it can be included
in commercial software packages (and has been). We only ask that proper credit
be given to the authors.

Like all software, it is copyrighted. It is not trademarked, but we do ask the
following:

If you modify the source for these routines we ask that you change the name of
the routine and comment the changes made to the original.

We will gladly answer any questions regarding the software. If a modification
is done, however, it is the responsibility of the person who modified the
routine to provide support."

In particular, we need to know:

1.       Specifically is there a current, consolidated list of "the authors",
and how they can be contacted?  (There are many 20 year old references in the
body of the code, not sufficient for a reliable contact).

2.       Where is the copyright information provided (a quick scan of a few of
the downloaded .f files didn't expose any copyrights, just "Written on" dates)?

3.       Given the final statement about providing support, what should our
expectations be for the "support" of the unmodified routines?

If you could answer these questions it would be very helpful to us.

Cordialement / Best regards,

Will ANDERSON
SIMULIA Intellectual Property Management

Office: +1 401 276 4438

Mobile: +1 508 847 7086

Will.ANDERSON@Domain.Removed <mailto:Will.ANDERSON@Domain.Removed>
Dassault Syst?mes | www.3ds.com <http://www.3ds.com>

Visit us at: www.simulia.com <http://www.simulia.com>
Dassault Syst?mes Simulia Corp. - 166 Valley Street, Providence, RI 02909 USA