LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK generated libraries

And Bruce Rothermal writes:
Also if not are there specific reasons for not generating dynamic
libraries?

Because trying to support every shared library kind and method of
generation is far outside our scope.  Yes, we know of libtool.
We also have many users on AIX, which uses XCOFF and where
libtool falls flat.  CMake is an option, but it takes more work
than anyone can devote right now.

Plus, to build a shared, ATLAS-tuned version, you need the shared
objects in an ar archive.  Yet another variation. wheee...

Check the build scripts for GNU/Linux distributions for building
ELF-based shared libraries.  In particular, Debian GNU/Linux does
a good job.

Jason