LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] manpages of version 3.2?

And Sylvestre Ledru writes:
OK, so, you think that I should add this patch into the Debian
package.

Up to you, but workspace bugs tend to bite in funny ways.  There
are a few problems that pop up with -fbounds-check and
0-dimension arrays, but those are less likely to bother users.

I would prefer to use the official tarball...

The git mirror is just an easier way for you to pick out bug
fixes.

BTW, anyone packaging the XBLAS?
I started to package it but since it is not producing any shared
library, I have to patch the build process.

We cannot support all the possible shared library forms and their
restrictions, so we don't.  (libtool doesn't handle AIX's XCOFF
issues well enough, and that's a major target.)

However, you likely need fewer modifications than you expect.
Extract the xblas into two build directories.  Build one with
-fPIC, and then use something like following to install:
  ld -shared -soname /usr/lib/libxblas.so.1 \
     -o ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/libxblas.so.1.0.247 -rpath-link /usr/lib \
     --whole-archive libxblas.a --no-whole-archive -lgfortran -lc -lm

(I don't know Debian's policy towards rpath...)

I haven't tried an out-of-tree build, but I suspect it won't
work.  Also, the --enable-xerbla option is busted right now.  It
introduces a circular dependency with LAPACK and needs more
thought.

Jason