LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Problems about BLAS

Dear Jerry,
the BLAS library that you can download from netlib is just a reference that
basically defines the routine interfaces and the correct behavior. Thus, not
only it is single-threaded but also very inefficient. Open source, fast,
multithreaded BLAS libraries exist but are rather complicated to understand.
You can look at ATLAS or GotoBLAS. Also, the PLASMA project is a good
example of multithreaded numerical library but it implements LAPACK
operations, i.e., higher level operations that those in BLAS.
Good luck