LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Diagonally dominant linear solvers

Jason,

did you consider an introduction of diagonally dominant functionality in
LAPACK? That is, A=L*U (general) and A=L*D*L' (symmetric) with no pivoting.

I observe a growing interest to tridiagonal solver with no pivoting, in
particular. In case of this solver the speed-up is dramatic - up to times -
when using no pivoting. ScaLAPACK has already have it in for some reason - I
mean p*dttrf/p*dttrs. I think it's worth while having it in LAPACK too.

Best regards,

Michael.

Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
Russian Federation