LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] problem using CLAPACK in different machines

Good morning!

I have been using CLAPACK for 4-5 years in at lot of different computers
and it always worked very well.  Now I have  new computers to use it and
the routine that I want to use is not working.
I did install CLAPACK in these machines and I run all the tests that is
suggested in the README.install and it seems to me that they are all ok
(no strange messages). Then, when I compile my c code, it compiles without
any error message.
The problem happens when I run the executable!
I am using the routine  dspev_() to diagonalize matrices and when I turn
my executable, the  answer is:

** On entry to DSPEV , parameter number  3 had an illegal value
info=-3

But what I cannot understand is that this SAME code (with the same
parameters) works normally in my laptop.
I believe that what is making the difference is that this new machine is
64bits and in my laptop I have a 32bits one. The processors are different,
but both are intel.

It is possible to help me with this problem?

Thank you!
Carolina.

PS:  Maybe it will be important to know the configuration of the computers
where the routine is working and where it's not.

1)   In my laptop, where it works, I have the following configuration:

 more /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 14
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU        420  @ 1.60GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 1600.135
cache size      : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx constant_tsc up pni
monitor
tm2 xtpr
bogomips        : 3203.87
clflush size    : 64

2) In the computer where the routines are not working, the machine has 4
processors and

more /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9450  @ 2.66GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 1998.000
cache size      : 6144 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 4
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant
_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2
ssse3 cx1
6 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5337.03
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9450  @ 2.66GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 1998.000
cache size      : 6144 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 2
cpu cores       : 4
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant
_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2
ssse3 cx1
6 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5333.40
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor       : 2
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9450  @ 2.66GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 1998.000
cache size      : 6144 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 4
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant
_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2
ssse3 cx1
6 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5333.37
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9450  @ 2.66GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 1998.000
cache size      : 6144 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 3
cpu cores       : 4
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant
_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2
ssse3 cx1
6 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5333.38
clflush size    : 64