LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] xLARFP and scaling.

Dear Pat,

Thank you for pointing out this behaviour.  Although I was not involved
in writing this routine, I don't imagine that this behaviour was
intended.  I shall try to take a look at xLARFP in the next few days and
see if I can suggest anything to improve this.

As I am sure that you realise, xLARFP was written to produce a
non-negative BETA, so that in a factorization such as the QR, R would
have non-negative diagonals.  (Although I notice that the comments in
xGEQRF and xGEQR2 do not actually say that the diagonals are real and
non-negative.)

Best wishes,

Sven.