LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] your mail

Hello Clint and Jason,

Thanks for the feedback Jason. It's good to know that Clint is not by
himself complaining about the fact that we removed dopla.f and that
actually there is other folks complaining! Good, good.

Well, yes, Clint is right, we are really short in resource. The fatal blow
to dopla.f was really the introduction of the new QR algorithm from Braman
and Byers in 3.1. We spent all the resource on integrating Ralph's code
and adapting testings, adapting dopla.f was beyond us ... That would have
been quite some work. Another problem was that the timing suite (where
dopla.f lied) was obsolete and not relevant anymore so we ended up
scratching the whole directory and dopla.f alltogether.

There is still in the air a new writing of the TIMING suite of LAPACK.
That'll include a dopla like functionnality. Quite frankly, no-one's
working on it right now. But we listen to feedback.

Best wishes,
Julien