LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] linking/using clapack

To Whom It May Concern,

I am currently working on a molecular dynamics project to convert the source
code in the Nucleic Acid Builder (NAB) present in the AMBERTOOLS kit from
double to single precision.  This program is in C and relies on routines
from lapack for a lot of its functionality.  Unfortunately, when making my
changes, I discovered that the libraries being used in compilation only
involved double precision routines so I needed the single precision ones.
Therefore, I downloaded clapack from and proceeded to
follow the instructions on the readme.install.  All of the tests directed in
the readme.install indicate "passed" but when I try to use the source files
in my clapack/cblas libraries with the program, there are errors.  As
indicated in the readme.install file, I feel that this may be a result of
improper linking of libraries.  Unfortunately, I have only had a few
programming courses and the linking is evading me at the moment.  Please let
me know if you think you may be able to help me, I can provide the config.h
and Makefiles being used for the NAB program and anything else you might
deem helpful.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Daniel Cashman