LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] diagonalization of a big matrix

Hi!

I have been using CLAPACK in the past 6 years to diagonalize matrices up to
size 2000 x 2000 and I did not have any problem.
I am currently? using the routine? dspevd_()

I now want to diagonalize a matrix of size 20000 x 20000 and the routine
returns "segmentation fault".
I would like to know if there is a limit of size that this routine can
diagonalize of if this is a limitation of my computer (memory problems). This
is important because I do not know if I should keep tying to use CLAPACK or if
it has some limitation that would not allow me to diagonalize such a big matrix.

Thanks a lot.
carolina

Veja quais s?o os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! +Buscados
http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com