Intel is reporting some comment issue in *gerfsx.f.
I did a quick check and I believe the comments need a substantial change.
Would you or a student mind taking a look at them and provide a fix, please?
Begin forwarded message:
From: "Chuvelev, Michael" <michael.chuvelev@Domain.Removed>
Date: March 1, 2010 3:42:55 AM MST
To: "lapack@Domain.Removed" <lapack@Domain.Removed>
Cc: "Koldakov, Vladimir V" <vladimir.v.koldakov@Domain.Removed>, "Kobotov,
Alexander V" <alexander.v.kobotov@Domain.Removed>
Subject: [Lapack] Incorrect R/C description in LAPACK 3.2.1 *gerfsx.f
the R/C parameter description for the routines *gerfsx seems to be incorrect:
* R (input or output) REAL array, dimension (N)
* The row scale factors for A. If EQUED = 'R' or 'B', A is
* multiplied on the left by diag(R); if EQUED = 'N' or 'C', R
* is not accessed. R is an input argument if FACT = 'F';
* otherwise, R is an output argument. If FACT = 'F' and
* EQUED = 'R' or 'B', each element of R must be positive.
* If R is output, each element of R is a power of the radix.
* If R is input, each element of R should be a power of the radix
* to ensure a reliable solution and error estimates. Scaling by
* powers of the radix does not cause rounding errors unless the
* result underflows or overflows. Rounding errors during scaling
* lead to refining with a matrix that is not equivalent to the
* input matrix, producing error estimates that may not be
1) R/C are input only by their usage,
2) there's no FACT parameter in these routines
Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
Registered legal address: Krylatsky Hills Business Park,
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Lapack mailing list
Julie Langou; Research Associate in Computer Science
Innovative Computing Laboratory;
University of Tennessee from Denver, Colorado ;-)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...