LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Issue in *la_{po,sy,he}rfsx_extended.f

Dear lapackers,

let me notify you of the issue in LAPACK 3.2.1 *la_{po,sy,he}rfsx_extended.f
sources. For instanse, in sla_syrfsx_extended.f:

DY is described as
*     DY             (input) REAL array, dimension (N)
*     Workspace to hold the intermediate solution.

whereas N-by-NRHS array is referenced at DY due to the following statement
(line 384):

            CALL SSYTRS( UPLO, N, NRHS, AF, LDAF, IPIV, DY, N, INFO )

This may lead to an outside memory corruption. I assume one RHS should be
referenced here, because all the RHSs are considered individually in the loop
by J. That is, substituting NRHS by 1:

            CALL SSYTRS( UPLO, N, 1, AF, LDAF, IPIV, DY, N, INFO )

should fix the issue. This is actual for any subroutine mentioned.

BTW, *la_{ge,gb}rfsx_extended.f source code is free from this issue - only one
RHS is referenced in the corresponding solves.

Best regards,

Michael.

Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
Russian Federation