LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] clapack warning: implicit declaration of function ‘f2c_idamax’

Dear there,

I followed the installation steps carefully, using the reference BLAS,
and I can compile a small example. Even though the annoying message
appears, the generated binary can run and gives correct result. Does
the warning mean anything?
Also I am wondering why the function is idamax_(), while in many
documents and webpage, it is called cblas_idamax_()? Would I encounter
portability difficulty using this name?

Thanks for the package!

Michael Chen

gcc -g -Wall -pedantic -I/Users/michaelchen/Documents/mycode/
CLAPACK-3.2.1/INCLUDE -I/Users/michaelchen/Documents/mycode/
mischeaders    idamax.c  /Users/michaelchen/Documents/mycode/
CLAPACK-3.2.1/blas_OS.a /Users/michaelchen/Documents/mycode/
CLAPACK-3.2.1/F2CLIBS/libf2c.a -lm -o idamax
idamax.c: In function ?main?:
idamax.c:12: warning: implicit declaration of function ?f2c_idamax?

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include "f2c.h"
#include "blaswrap.h"