LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Issues compiling clapack

Dear Sir,

Thanks for creating this package.

I downloaded the 3.2.1 package (from and
created the directories on my Linux computer, and then tried to follow the
README.install instructions.

That document suggests that there would be a file for each platform,
i.e.: "CLAPACK/INSTALL/? -? Testing functions and pre-tested files for
various platforms."? However, I did not find them there. All I found was the
one "" file in the main directory.

However, I tried to proceed using this file.

Later in the install procedures, it says that if we are using an alternative
version of blas (e.g. ATLAS), which I am, then we should make the wrapper
library, libcblaswr.a, by running "make cblaswrap".? however this did not work,
and when I looked in the makefile there was no cblaswrap target.? At this point
I don't know how to proceed.? Note, I also looked into the
(that I had renamed

Do the files for Linux exist online where I can access them, and do
you have any suggestions regarding creating libcblaswr.a ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, David

David Todd
Center for Imaging Neurodegenerative Diseases
Veterans Health Services
San Francisco, CA