LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] CLapack

Dear Xuesheng,
Optimized BLAS are other BLAS librairies like ATLAS, MKL, ACML, Goto BLAS, etc..
See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Linear_Algebra_Subprograms#Implementations
On May 4, 2010, at 1:50 PM, xu wrote:

Julie,

From here:
http://icl.cs.utk.edu/lapack-for-windows/clapack/index.html#librairies

You said: this reference BLAS implementation may be orders of magnitude
slower than optimized implementations.

I think you built this blas.lib under visual studio 2008 in the above web
page, then why you said it may be very slow? Do you mean I need to rebuild it
using C/C++->Optimizations->Maximize Speed (/O2) ?

Thanks!

Regards,
Xuesheng