LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Testing BLAS

Dear Colleagues.

I tried to install and to test LAPack on my personal computer:

  Fujitsu with Pentium(R) dual Core CPU T4300 at 2.10 GHz, 4.00 GBytes
  Windows 7, Edition Familiale Premium

  Compiler Silverfrost + Plato, no special options

When I tried to run the test program DBLAT2, I obtained the following message:

  Run-time Error
  Error 11, Array subscript(s) out-of-bounds
  DMVCH - in file dblat2.f at line 2857 (+08c8)
  DCHK6 - in file dblat2.f at line 2213 (+2c72)
  main - in file dblat2.f at line 336 (+3202)

Note that I made same small modification to the program:

*     Read name and unit number for summary output file and open file.
*
      Open(nin,File='d:\lapack\lapack\blas\dblat2.txt')
      READ( NIN, FMT = * )SUMMRY
      READ( NIN, FMT = * )NOUT
      OPEN( NOUT, FILE ='d:\lapack\lapack\blas\summry.txt')
      NOUTC = NOUT
*
*     Read name and unit number for snapshot output file and open file.
*
      READ( NIN, FMT = * )SNAPS
      READ( NIN, FMT = * )NTRA
      TRACE = NTRA.GE.0
      IF( TRACE )THEN
         OPEN( NTRA, FILE ='d:\lapack\lapack\blas\snaps.txt')
      END IF

The content of the file d:\lapack\lapack\blas\dblat2.txt is the following:

'DBLAT2.SUMM'     NAME OF SUMMARY OUTPUT FILE
6                 UNIT NUMBER OF SUMMARY FILE
'DBLAT2.SNAP'     NAME OF SNAPSHOT OUTPUT FILE
-1                UNIT NUMBER OF SNAPSHOT FILE (NOT USED IF .LT. 0)
F        LOGICAL FLAG, T TO REWIND SNAPSHOT FILE AFTER EACH RECORD.
F        LOGICAL FLAG, T TO STOP ON FAILURES.
T        LOGICAL FLAG, T TO TEST ERROR EXITS.
16.0     THRESHOLD VALUE OF TEST RATIO
6                 NUMBER OF VALUES OF N
0 1 2 3 5 9       VALUES OF N
4                 NUMBER OF VALUES OF K
0 1 2 4           VALUES OF K
4                 NUMBER OF VALUES OF INCX AND INCY
1 2 -1 -2         VALUES OF INCX AND INCY
3                 NUMBER OF VALUES OF ALPHA
0.0 1.0 0.7       VALUES OF ALPHA
3                 NUMBER OF VALUES OF BETA
0.0 1.0 0.9       VALUES OF BETAC
DGEMV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DGBMV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DSYMV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DSBMV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DSPMV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DTRMV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DTBMV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DTPMV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DTRSV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DTBSV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DTPSV  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DGER   T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DSYR   T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DSPR   T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DSYR2  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.
DSPR2  T PUT F FOR NO TEST. SAME COLUMNS.

I don't know whether this error is a bug in the BLAS or a mistake from mine
side.

Thank you to consider this problem.

Prof. Jean-Marc Blanc
Ecole d'Ing?nieurs de Fribourg