LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] lapack bug in divide-and-conquer: is anybody listening

And sorry for also not getting to this sooner. When you say that the
convergence bug in divide-and-conquer was fixed by raising MAXIT
from 40 to 200 in xlaed4 (written by Ren-Cang), then that makes me
think that some flavor of bisection would be a better fall-back when
convergence fails (since the maximum number of iterations could be
more like the number of bits in the floating point word, so 32 or 64).
This is very intricate code (and asking the to-be-hired programmer to fix
it would likely require a very long learning curve) so let me ask Ren-Cang
if he has any opinions.

Thanks,
Jim

julie langou wrote:
Evan,
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.
We indeed corrected the bug you found, thank you for the patch. It is
released in LAPACK 3.3.0 (released this week).
See http://www.netlib.org/lapack/bugfixedin33.txt.
This bug was labelled bug0064.
If you could confirm that this issue is fixed, I will add a post on
the forum to let the users know.