LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] About Eigen solution

The two simplest approaches are as follows:
(1) If your real matrix T has the property that the products of pairs of
offdiagonals
T(i,i+1)*T(i+1,i) are all positive, then you can find a diagonal matrix
D such
that D*T*inv(D) is symmetric and tridiagonal, and then use the symmetric
tridiagonal
eigensolver.
(2) Otherwise, use the eigensolver for general Hessenberg matrices.
Jim Demmel

Mehmet ?AH?N wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
We try to find eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a nonsymmetric
tridiagonal marix. But we have not found any solution in LAPACK,
LAPACK++ or CLAPACK subroutines. How can we use the LAPACK, LAPACK++
or CLAPACK subroutines to solve eigenvalues of a nonsymmetric
tridiagonal marix? Could you help us about this problem solving
especially with LAPACK++?

Sincerely,

Mehmet SAHIN
Selcuk University