LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] A new storage scheme to solve general five diagonal matrix

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have developed a general five diagonal n*n matrix solver by
allocating six, one dimensional arrays (nx1).

This matrix is used excessively  for solving pressure and velocity in

CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics). A five diagonal matrix which is used in
CFD is a bounded matrix with a major diagonal plus two upper
diagonal, that  there are some optional zeroes diagonals between them, and
the same for lower diagonals. In traditional solvers like (DMCHB or DGELB
subroutines) we hove to store the zeroes between two upper and lower
diagonals, but in the present method we don't need to allocate these zeroes.

Have you seen yet a program by this features?

If not, can I send it as a journal paper?

And last question, what journal should I send it to?

Sincerely yours.