LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] question about lapsvd1

Dear Han,
you do not seem to use LAPACK from netlib.
Please send you question to team that provided you your Linear Algebra Package.
 regards,
julie
On Feb 21, 2011, at 3:12 PM, Chen , Han wrote:

Greetings and Salutations,

I use GAUSS program. I use svd1 first and the program was aborted with
error message: "Not all the singular values can be computed." Then I
replace svd1 with lapsvdcusv. The program keeps running with warning
message "lapsvd1: illegal value in argument". Would you be able to tell
me what this means and what could potentially cause this problem? I am
concerned that because of this error message, what I get out of
optimization is garbage. Or could I safely ignore this warning and trust
the results?
It is unlikely due to coding error because I cross checked with Dynare
and they gave the same likelihood value at the initial guess.

I really appreciate for your help.
Many thanks
Kind Regards

--