LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] question about how to use a routine dgetri.c

Hello!

I have been using clapack to obtain the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a
matrix and it worked quite well.
I now need to invert a matrix and I see that the routine dgetri.c does it.
However, I can t undertand the arguments of this function because the
declaration is

/* Subroutine */ int dgetri_(integer *n, doublereal *a, integer *lda, integer
??????? *ipiv, doublereal *work, integer *lwork, integer *info)

and the explanation about the matrix "a" says that:

?A?????? (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDA,N)??
??????????? On entry, the factors L and U from the factorization??
??????????? A = P*L*U as computed by DGETRF.??
??????????? On exit, if INFO = 0, the inverse of the original matrix A.??

What I don t understand is that? the matrix accepted by the function is of the
type *matA, but in the explanation of the argument says that the dimension is (
LDA, N)
So how should I declare? the matrix? and pass it to? the function?

the matrix I want to invert is a n x n matrix and I declare this as, let s say

double **matA
Should I transform this into a one dimensional matrix ?

Thank you in advance,
Carolina