LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] J.Pearson lapack trouble

I have recently installed lapack and blas on a open suse system.  However when
I ran a code that uses these libraries it couldn't find them.  When I changed
the command -lblas and -llapack to the file paths or each one respectively the
code worked.  I now have another code which again can't find the libraries and
uses -lblas and -llapack but is more complicated so I can't just change these
to the root file names.

Do I need to install the libraries in a certain folder or download something to
make this -l command compatible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
J.Pearson

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt