LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK: dead link on the website

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, julie langou wrote:

Thank you Mark for reporting the dead link. This has been corrected.

Thanks Julie.

It seems that you already went through :
http://www.netlib.org/lapack/faq.html#_how_do_i_interpret_lapack_testing_failures

and it seems it did not help. What are your output errors? maybe I can
help you understand them
Sincerely,
Julie

Thanks for the offer - I must admit that I feel that I'm thrashing about
a bit on this one.

I've been trying to install a BLAS/LAPACK stack, based on ATLAS 3.8.3 and
LAPACK 3.3.0, on our main compute cluster running RHEL5 64-bit. Perhaps
being a little too eager, I trying to build it against every variant of
compiler on the system and in both 32-bit and 64-bit modes.

After reading the FAQ and some of the forum entries, I've hit upon the
following method for analysing the test output files to see if a build is
"good" or not:

   1) grep for 'failed to pass'
   2) grep for ' result ' to obtain the results of test failures
   3) Take (2) and remove minor errors - any result that is a small number
      (where small is defined here as a number not in scientific notation)
   4) Ignore anything from files [sdcz]gd.out

Is this a reasonable definition?

Based on this, I'm still working-through the advice in the FAQ (varying
compiler flags and BLAS implementation).

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon@Domain.Removed
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK