LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK: dead link on the website

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, julie langou wrote:

Mark,
Actually if the build finish without a segfaut, you're fine.

Is the bar really that low?!

I would build again the Reference BLAS first and then ATLAS.

Will do.

Here is a little script that may help you.
You should have only Numerical Errors (between 200 and 500) Those are
torture tests and we know some are failing.

Thanks very much for that script. So that I'm absolutely clear and I know
I can jump for joy (and I will), which did you mean:

1) That there will be between 200-500 tests failing

2) The values of the numerical errors should be between 200 and 500

I take it that 'value of largest test error' is where I should be looking
for the E+06 major error criterion?

I'm a bit puzzled though. The values for 'value of largest test error'
are much lower than the last numbers of some of the lines that look like
(output of your script from the same output files appended to this email):

  Type= 2, IWA= 5, IWB= 1, IWX= 3, IWY= 1, result  4 is 1.737D+07

Is the line above not a test failure, then?

I'm getting a few "info error"s on some compilers from DGEES, DDRVGG,
ZDRGEV - I guess I'll look into that with the reference BLAS.

Best wishes,

Mark
Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon@Domain.Removed
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK

  RESULTS
      - numerical failure:
  CST drivers:      1 out of  11664 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DXV drivers:    200 out of   5000 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DST drivers:      1 out of  14256 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SXV drivers:     37 out of   5000 tests failed to pass the threshold
  ZXV drivers:     24 out of   5000 tests failed to pass the threshold
  ZST drivers:      1 out of  11664 tests failed to pass the threshold
  CST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  CST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  ZST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  ZST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  ZST:    1 out of  4662 tests failed to pass the threshold
  value of largest test error             =    0.189E+01
  value of largest test error                  =   0.796E+04
  value of largest test error             =    0.160D+01
  value of largest test error             =    0.197E+01
  value of largest test error             =    0.189D+01
      - illegal error:     0
      - info error:        0
      - severe error       0